Discover the Heritage of the Cradle of Canada
Start your day with a short slide lecture on the British and French influences. Learn about the history, the architecture, urban planning and political institutions of the city. Then take a walking tour focusing on British influences on domestic architecture, public buildings, as well as public gardens and parks. Have lunch at the elegant Garnison Club, which was founded by English speaking military officers in the 1870’s. The atmosphere remains very British, even though today; almost all the members speak French.
Meet the great whales
In Québec City, the Saint Lawrence River is already brackish, salt water can be found a few kilometres down river. A three-hour motor coach drive down river from Québec City will allow you to discover the Saguenay Fjord and one of the best whale-watching site in the world: Baie-Sainte-Catherine and Tadoussac. Aboard a catamaran (or a zodiac for the more adventurous), you can admire the largest blue whales, fin whales, humpback whales and white whales.
Rendez-vous 2017 - Tall Ships Regatta
Immediately prior to the conference will take place the Rendez-vous 2017 - Tall Ships Regatta.
July 18 to 23, 2017, some forty tall ships will ply Canadian waters to mark the 150th anniversary of Confederation. The flotilla will come to port in several major cities between June 29 and August 20. The presence of the tall ships in Québec City from July 18 to 23, 2017, will be the highlight of the local festivities. Over 3000 crew, mostly cadets, will disembark in the city for the occasion.
Observatoire de la Capitale
Visit the Observatoire de la Capitale, an observatory atop a 221-meter tower offering a stunning panoramic view.
Stroll along the Dufferin Terrace and Old Québec’s funicular, for a panoramic view of the St. Lawrence River.
Visit the Citadel, an active military base where visitors can watch the changing of the guard or explore the Governor General’s official residence.
Have lunch on the Battlefield Park also known as the Plains of Abraham, where French and British clashed in the 1759 historic battle that changed the face of America forever.
Ride a bike or walk the Promenade Samuel-De-Champlain, which runs 2.5 km along the St. Lawrence River.
Village Vacances Valcartier
On a hot summer day, Village Vacances Valcartier offers plenty of exciting activities such as water slides and snow rafting for the family.
The Wendake Huron village
Located on the Huron-Wendat reservation, the Huron Traditional Site is a unique opportunity to discover the history, the culture and the lifestyle of Native American Hurons.
On the Côte-de-Beaupré, ten minutes away from the Convention Centre, discover the 272-
feet high (83 m) Montmorency Falls, a natural masterpiece that is one and a half times higher than Niagara Falls. Get close the falls, climb to lookouts on the cliff, or simply take the cable car to have a breathtaking walk over the falls.
Discover Quebec City-Hop on and hop off
The best excursion to discover and explore the Quebec City you have been looking for. Historical, romantic, fashionable, fun and shopper friendly. Hop on and hop off the red loop as often as you please and see Quebec City on your own time and at your own pace. Enjoy fantastic views from the open top deck, it’s unique, it’s le Bus rouge!
11 stops at Quebec City's top tourist sites.
- 1- Place d'Armes (Musée du Fort, Musée de l'Amérique francophone)
- 2- Quartier Nouvo St-Roch (Magasinage, Restaurants branchés)
- 3- Musée de la Civilisation (Musée de la civilisation, Place de la FAO, Promenade sur les quais)
- 4- Place Royale (Bateau Louis-Jolliet, Magasinage, Notre-Dame-Des-Victoires)
- 5- Marché du Vieux-Port (Promenade au Vieux-Port, Restauration, Marché du Vieux-Port)
- 6- Centre des Congrès (Centre des congrès)
- 7- Observatoire de la Capitale (Colline Parlementaire, Hôtel du Parlement, Fontaine de Tourny
- 8- Manège Militaire (Plaines d'abraham, Restaurants branchés, Maison de la découverte
- 9- Musée des Beaux-arts (Plaines d'abraham, Magasinage rue Cartier, Jardins Jeanne d'Arc)
- 10- Place d'Youville (Palais Montcalm, Le Capitole, Diamant de Robert Lepage, Parcs Canada)
- 11- Citadelle de Québec (Citadelle de Québec, Parc de l'Esplanade)
Hourly Departures: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Hop on hop off all day long!